11.19.2007

hair wrap


hair wrap
Originally uploaded by butta.fly

listening to: ask yourself.raheem devaughn



i am so excited by the responses i received to my previous post! even though i know people are reading this here blog, in my mind i think nobody is. so thank you for the kind words. i appreciate it.

i was in another craft fair over the weekend. i didn't do so well. two hats were sold. TWO. i was disappointed, but! i was also thankful for the compliments i received. retail is fickle and a lot of time i'm left wondering where my target market is in this city. i know my folks are out there. i do better at the hippie/reggae fests and i get a lot of business from out of state. anyway, i've spent the last couple of days analyzing and reworking my gameplan. i've got one more show dec. 1 and it will be me and only me (i've been sharing booth space with other artists). i'm feeling the pressure and really want to do well.

i got my hair wrapped while at the fair. my booth mate does beautiful wire work and i asked her to wrap my hair for me. we were both really happy with the results. i love adding charms to my locs. this piece is by far my favorite.

i really hope you are having a great day.
thanks for reading.

1 comment:

TruEssence said...

Your crown is so beautiful! Your booth mate did a great job! I love locks decorated with charms!