11.22.2005

my weekend was divine.

i went to see christa bell perform at a local poetry venue. this woman is amazing! it's been four years since i have written anything and after seeing this woman perform, i am in love with words again. so much so, that i went to her writer's workshop the next day. that proved to be therapeutic. we started with a 15 minute freewrite (i really love those) and then a 10 minute freewrite using prompts. the prompt i chose was "if i could, i would". from there i wrote this piece which is for my oldest daughter. i wasn't really thinking while writing it, but then we had to read it in front of everyone and why oh why did i break down and start ballin my eyes out into the third line. obviously, i've been holding on to some stuff subconsciously. i felt refreshed afterwards. hopeful even. i'm going to start writing again-poetry, short stories, etc. i think my writing strategies class is also fueling my desire to write. my professor has been really supportive.

the creator is working miracles in my life. i give thanks!

i've decided to use this lil ole blog for more than just knitting and crocheting. the title does say, "a day in the life of..."

peace and blessings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you said your oldest girl is 13. I don't have any children but I have two nieces that I held in my arms as babies and now they both have babies of their own. It was beautiful to watch them turn into women, but hard as hell. So I can empathize with the experience of having a daughter. You should post your poetry if you haven't already, I would love to read it!

nakachi said...

more blogging from you? yay! :)